I am really getting annoyed now!
WTF is going on here in the land of WordPress? I mean, of course I’m grateful for such a wonderful free service and all, but my posts keep disappearing.
 minor tragedy has passed… everything back to normal… why do I always overreact to everything…
I’ve enjoyed the last couple of days in blogtopia, or blogistan, or wherever it is I am right now. Because of the tireless efforts of others (in particular the noble Swift whose generosity of spirit stands as a lesson for all conservatives) I’ve come into contact with a few blogs that, under normal circumstances I probably wouldn’t have. Some of these include;
- The Great Endarkenment – which boasts the second greatest blog title in the known universe (although upon closer inspection it seems the title was purloined from someone called Anne).
- Zippidy Doo Da – was an interesting miscellany, just the way I like it (in particular I really enjoyed this post).
- Monkeyfister – which boasts, IMHO, the greatest blog title in the known universe, because everyone enjoys fisting monkeys.
- Bildungblog – a blog full of interesting photos and humorous comments and commentary (like this one for example).
- Zen Comix – I like comics.
- The Field Negro – probably my favorite of all the new blogs I’ve discovered over the last few days (try this on for size).
- d r i f t g l a s s – I like this guy’s style a lot (for example)
And this is just a few examples of what I’ve perused since Sunday.
So, speaking personally, among the beneficial consequences of B.A.D.;
- I’ve come into contact with some high-quality blogs sooner than I would have if left to my own devices.
- I feel like I’m in some small way part of a community.
- As a consequence I feel compelled to be a better blogger; less choleric, more phlegmatic, or sanguine even.
And, again speaking personally, the stark truth I’ve learned about myself and my blog in the wake of B.A.D.;
- I have added no one to my blogroll that isn’t already a far more successful blogger than I am.
- I hate myself.
All in all quite a humbling experience.
Where the hell are my manners!
My good friend Leo asked me recently for a few political blog / blogger recommendations, and I did duly tender him with a list, but I neglected to mention one of the most important of them all; The News Blog / Steve Gilliard.
Sadly Steve passed away last June, but his legacy survives. For anyone unfamiliar but interested in the writing of a “a combative and influential blogger on the left“, a recent post on The Group News Blog (The Writings of Steve Gilliard — 101) simplifies the task of locating his work considerably.
The first comment from the above post;
Looks like I’ll be busy cruising the “Intertubes”. A PDF of all his writings would be quite a project, anybody thought of that?
That gives me an idea…