Blogroll Amnesty Day – The AftermathPosted: February 6, 2008
I’ve enjoyed the last couple of days in blogtopia, or blogistan, or wherever it is I am right now. Because of the tireless efforts of others (in particular the noble Swift whose generosity of spirit stands as a lesson for all conservatives) I’ve come into contact with a few blogs that, under normal circumstances I probably wouldn’t have. Some of these include;
- The Great Endarkenment – which boasts the second greatest blog title in the known universe (although upon closer inspection it seems the title was purloined from someone called Anne).
- Zippidy Doo Da – was an interesting miscellany, just the way I like it (in particular I really enjoyed this post).
- Monkeyfister – which boasts, IMHO, the greatest blog title in the known universe, because everyone enjoys fisting monkeys.
- Bildungblog – a blog full of interesting photos and humorous comments and commentary (like this one for example).
- Zen Comix – I like comics.
- The Field Negro – probably my favorite of all the new blogs I’ve discovered over the last few days (try this on for size).
- d r i f t g l a s s – I like this guy’s style a lot (for example)
And this is just a few examples of what I’ve perused since Sunday.
So, speaking personally, among the beneficial consequences of B.A.D.;
- I’ve come into contact with some high-quality blogs sooner than I would have if left to my own devices.
- I feel like I’m in some small way part of a community.
- As a consequence I feel compelled to be a better blogger; less choleric, more phlegmatic, or sanguine even.
And, again speaking personally, the stark truth I’ve learned about myself and my blog in the wake of B.A.D.;
- I have added no one to my blogroll that isn’t already a far more successful blogger than I am.
- I hate myself.
All in all quite a humbling experience.